Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Question about hair loss. Please help?

I've been paranoid lately. Few days ago I saw two bald spots on my eyebrows. Then I noticed my hair got thinner. I can see some part of my head now. I started dying my hair at a very young age and now im 22. Could this be why I'm losing my hair? I wash my hair everyday and sometimes a lot fall off and sometimes barely anything falls off. But when I brush it seems to fall out more. Through out the day there will be a few strands that falls off too. Is this normal? or am I paranoid that I have some kind of cancer? pleasee help. im stressing over this.



I know none of you guys are doctors but I just want some opinions to ease my mind.



Question about hair loss. Please help?

The only reason cancer patients lose their hair is because of chemotherapy. You don't have cancer.



Question about hair loss. Please help?

I'm sure you don't have cancer, but....



it could be anything---thyroid problem, birth control pills, hormone imbalance, every day stress, vitamin deficiency...lots of things besides cancer, don't freak!



Call your doctor, they'll want to do some blood tests. And, in the meantime, DO NOT wash your hair everyday--go every OTHER day and start using baby shampoo and STOP styling it if you can get away with it. Let it dry naturally. Dont pull it back in a pony, either.



Question about hair loss. Please help?

you shouldnt wash your hair EVERYDAY you should allow the oils to build up at least two or three days or your hair will dry up and break and you will have "bald spots" like you said from overdying STOP DYING STOP WASHING YOUR HAIR TAKE PRENATAL VITAMINS be patient it will ALLL grow back



Question about hair loss. Please help?

sounds to me like you're gonna die outta cancer



Question about hair loss. Please help?

First of all..... you do NOT lose hair from cancer. Your hair falls out from the result of chemotherapy or radiation treatments. So i think your OK in that department. They say an average person can lose up to 100 or more hairs a day. I personally loose a lot of hair in the shower.... that's normal. If your hair is falling out in "large" clumps I would check with a doctor. You mentioned that you colored your hair a lot at an early age. This can damage your hair.... but it wouldn't make your hair fall out in large amounts. I know for a fact that stress can bring on hair loss, but again... not in huge clumps. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions.... feel free to ask away!



Brianne, RN.



Question about hair loss. Please help?

The most likely cause is over chemical treatment of your hair. You might try cutting it shorted to take the pressure off the strands as you brush that cause it to break off. You need to go to a really good beauty sho for a deep conditioning and cut. This should help. Stop that chemical processing. That will really help.



Question about hair loss. Please help?

It's normal to lose a few hairs every day but if your hair thinning, that's not good. It's not good for your hair if you wash it everyday. It doesn't allow the natural oils that are supposed to be in your hair to get there since you keep washing it out. I too have dyed my hair since I was in 7th grade (I'm now 25) and my hair was falling out at an alarming rate... I just laid off the dying- it's been about 2 years since I dyed it- and now it's strong, doesn't fall out too much, and I have no split ends.



Question about hair loss. Please help?

Naturally our hair falls 100 strands a day. It's not a cancer. Use mild shampoo and conditioner everyday.Use a soft and large bristled comb and comb your hair from the tip and then go over from the roots. Comb gently, not harshly.. Stop dying your hair for a while to rebuild its natural color.



Question about hair loss. Please help?

are you taking any drugs?



Question about hair loss. Please help?

I doubt that it is cancer but if you are already seeing bald spots, you better get to your Dr. You need to have a work-up done to see what is going on! It may be nothing but there is no way you should just take a wait and see attitude! Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment