Monday, July 27, 2009

Hair loss after MRI? Is it possible?

I was wondering if anyone has lost large amounts of hair a few months after an MRI. I had one done a few months back and have been losing huge amounts of hair but I'm not sure if this could be it and want to know if anyone has had this happen? I'm concerned because I've always been known to lose some hair easily, but I've never lost so much in such a short time. I've come to be afraid to wash my hair because so much just comes off. Any info would help.



Hair loss after MRI? Is it possible?

I figure its probably the medical reason that you had an MRI in the first place, and not the MRI itself that is causing increased hair loss. It's normal to shed up to 200 hairs a day - and if your hair is long then that can look like a hell of a lot. If you are sick or stressed, then that can also increase your hair loss.



Hair loss after MRI? Is it possible?

No way. Check out other medical conditions responsible for hair loss.



Hair loss after MRI? Is it possible?

Good question.



Hair loss after MRI? Is it possible?

That is strange...I have dreadlocks and I haven't lost any hair. I've had 2 MRI's in the past 3 months

2 comments:

  1. My hais is coming out by handfuls after my MRI..This started 2 weeks after i had the scan.. I am so scared amd dont know what to do..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes me too after a mri my hair shed like never before. I think they had turned the ray gun up...

    ReplyDelete