Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Accutane Hair Loss?

I'm a 16 year old male and I've been on accutane for 1.5 months and I've lost some hair, especially in the front. I stopped taking the accutane 2 days ago because of this, and now I'm on biotin to help it grow back. Do you think it will grow back? I mean, I wasn't on accutane for that long.. I'm just really worried right now.



Accutane Hair Loss?

I took Accutane for a little bit of time too as a 26 year old male (I did not have acne until I was 24), but the drying effect was too much for me to handle. I did not experience any hair loss. My sisters took Accutane when they were 18 and 19 respectively, and they did suffer hair loss. Their loss was temporary and hair grew back after they stopped taking the medication. I haven't really heard of permanent hair loss from Accutane so I wouldn't worry too much. Most drug induced hair loss is temporary (such as from chemotherapy). You probably won't know for sure for at least a month or two, since hair grows very slowly (half an inch per month).

No comments:

Post a Comment