Monday, July 27, 2009

Accutane and hair loss!!?? Please help me!!!?

Hi ^ ^



I used to have really bad acne, and I started using accutane like almost 10 months ago, and I couldn't be happier with the results regarding the way my skin looks now; the acne is gone. However I'm now faced with a really disturbing fact, my hair keeps falling out, and this didn't use to happen before I started using Accutane. Will this stop after I end my course of Accutane? 'cause my hair is realliy getting thin at the back of my head, and to be honest it's scary. I mean my hair was very thick and strong, and I don't know what's goin' on.



I checked out Wikipedia and this is what I've found



"The following adverse effects have been reported to persist, even after discontinuing therapy: alopecia (hair loss)..."



Does this mean I'm gonna lose my hair?! Please somebody help me, I need to know what's going on, and what to do :(.



Anyone who's heard about this sort of thing, has taken Accutane, or knows someone who had the same probelm PLEEEEAAAASE HELP!!!!!



Thank you



Accutane and hair loss!!?? Please help me!!!?

I'm so sorry for you. Yes, that is a side effect of the drug. Roche doesn't know if it's a permanent problem because long-term testing hasn't been done on this drug. Here's an article so you can read the other adverse reactions caused by this drug. Most of your internal organs have probably already been affect:



Stop taking it NOW



http://www.associatedcontent.com/article...



Try something different. Read this article. It shows you how to control acne very simply and it has the scientific documentation to back it up. All you need is cold-processed honey, baking soda, oats and coconut oil. That combination will control your acne, the documentation is available on the National Library of Medicine web site.



http://www.associatedcontent.com/article...



I hope your hair loss isn't permant. Accutane is bad - it's the worst drug I have ever seen and I've been studying pharmaceuticals for 15 years.



Accutane and hair loss!!?? Please help me!!!?

I had a friend who was on accutaine and all of the side effects she experienced went away within a few weeks of stopping the medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment