Monday, July 27, 2009

Going from dark to light hair? I need help ASAP. Please.?

My hair is a dark brown (it has faded since I dyed my hair black). I want to change my hair style, platinum blonde with black bangs (since I have dark eyebrows). I was wondering what the best and fast way is to achieve this? WITHOUT going to a salon, because I know that's what everyone will tell me. Is there a way to do this without bleaching/stripping? I'm terrified of ruining my hair or losing it. But if anyone knows a kind of stripping without bleach that will not damage my hair that I could actually purchase, please do tell me. But I'd like to try to get this done within a little more than a month. I know I more than likely won't be able to get PLATINUM blonde at first, but is there a fast and SAFE way I could get to some sort of blonde? I just don't want to lose my hair.. so please, any suggestions, without the help of the salon. The salon in my town is SERIOUSLY over priced and they ripped me off the last time I went.



Could I dye my hair a light brown, then blonde later on?



Going from dark to light hair? I need help ASAP. Please.?

Since your hair is a dark brown you'll probably need to go through several processes (bleaching) to get it to a light enough color. The first process will probably take you to an orange-ish red color, the second a yellowy blonde color, and the third process will probably turn you hair a platinum white color. I believe Clairol makes a product that you can use at home for this. Here's a link to the Clairol website: http://www.clairol.com/default.jsp?hf=tr...



You can get lots of info there on what would be the best product for what you want to do. Good luck! :-)



Going from dark to light hair? I need help ASAP. Please.?

If your gonna dye your hair just dye it platinum blonde without black bangs.



Going from dark to light hair? I need help ASAP. Please.?

To get from any color to Platinum Blonde you'll have to bleach.



If you're dead set on staying away from professionals, go to Sally's Beauty Supply and ask the people there for product suggestions.



Good Luck!



Going from dark to light hair? I need help ASAP. Please.?

I would definitely not get blonde hair and brown bangs! Ok if you don't want to ruin your hair use Revlon it works great! I would dye your hair blonde first and then platinum blonde but it might be a little weird looking on you if your a natural brunette. I would do some highlights or go for the Kristen cavallarii look.



Going from dark to light hair? I need help ASAP. Please.?

..Hmm.. Without bleaching or color stripping, all I can think of would be a product called sun-in, but that really tends to make it a more orangey color instead of platinum.



You probably won't like this idea, but maybe you could find a platinum blonde wig somewhere? Not like the halloween kind, but a nice one. This way it doesn't damage your hair at all, lol.



Or maybe you could just get a bleach kit for small chunks or highlights?



This doesn't really relate to going blonde, but if you want to try out a different color, I recommend L'oreals ColorPulse. It's like a mousse that tints your hair but washes out after about 8 shampoos.



Going from dark to light hair? I need help ASAP. Please.?

Use Loreal blonde/platinum, leave it on a bit longer. But whatever you do stay away from the kits that contain the powder, they dry your hair out like hay. And buy from a beauty supplier a toner for after wards, you'll get great color without the brassiness.



Going from dark to light hair? I need help ASAP. Please.?

My grandma is a beautician and i had this same problem except I had dark red hair. I know you want to do this quick but the best thing to do is let your hair fade for about 2 to 3 months and you can go to a salon or look on the internet and there is shampoo you can use that gradually takes the color out of your hair. As for what to do about not wanting to use bleach I have no idea. Thats what I did and I had to do it about 4 times in one day. It didnt ruin my hair though just made it a little dry. You could go to a salon and have them gradually lighten it shades. Like go one month and have them lighten it one shade then maybe go the next month. Thats kind of a pain but it wont damage your hair as much. I would not try any home bleaching remedies it would ruin your hair horribly. Hope I helped.



Going from dark to light hair? I need help ASAP. Please.?

Unfortunately, There Is NO METHOD To (Permanently) Go From Dark To Light Hair Without Using A Lightener (Bleach) You CAN Go From Dark To Light WITH A Lightener WITHOUT Damaging Your Hair (Too Much) FIRST: Use A Good Deep Conditioner To Get Your Hair In Shape For The Lightener. SECOND: Get A Good Lightener Kit (I Recommend Clairol庐 MAXI BLONDE OR L'Oreal庐 SUPER BLUE) You MIGHT Need To Lighten In TWO STAGES.- FIRST: Use The Lightener As Directed For ONE HOUR AND THIRTY Minutes ONLY. Shampoo And Deep Condition. Check The Hair Condition. If Its Not Too Damaged. Wait For THREE DAYS Then, Apply A LIGHT Coating Of Deep Conditioner To Hair. Mix A New Kit Of Lightener And Apply. Wait Untill Hair Is ALMOST WHITE (Like The Inside Of A Banana) This Could Take Up To TWO HOURS. Then Shampoo, Condition And Apply The Platinum Toner. After Rinsing Toner, Condition Only- No Shampoo. If Your Hair Is Too Dry Or Damaged After The First Lightener Treatment You Will Need To Wait Untill The Condition Improves. This Could Take A Few Weeks. Deep Condition Frequently Untill It's Smooth And Strong Again Before The Second Lightener. Most People Get Fried Because They Try To Go Too Light Too Fast - Even Professionals (The Good Ones) Won't Try To Get Dark Hair To Pale In One Treatment. (P.S. Lightening Your Roots Shouldn't Take As Much Time Or Treatments As The First Time - So It Gets A Little Easier After This)



Going from dark to light hair? I need help ASAP. Please.?

The more color you keep putting on your hair the harder it will be to bleach it up. No matter what you do, you will have to ultimately end up bleaching it to get a platinum blond color. Color and bleach are both damaging.



I know you don't want this advise but when you are trying to do a drastic change like that, to prevent damage and breakage it's best to go to a professional. They know what they are doing and will not destroy your hair. You on the other hand may end up doing that trying to do it yourself. Believe me I've done it.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment