Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Methotrexate and hair loss?

I've just begun Methotrexate for my lupus. I am on a low dose but am interested in the frequency/severity of hair loss from the drug. I have previously been through chemotherapy and am really scared of losing my hair again (I know this sounds superficial, but the methotrexate is to treat pain, not organ involvement--which is what I needed the chemo for).



Methotrexate and hair loss?

Hair loss is relatively rare with smaller doses of Methotrexate treatment. However higher doses of Methotrexate can cause significant hair loss. This usually starts 3-4 weeks after the first dose of methotrexate, and may gradually worsen with subsequent doses of methotrexate.



Methotrexate and hair loss?

Here is an excellent site with some wonderful options 4 U. Check it out閳ワ腹鈧?.



http://lnk.in/54fn

No comments:

Post a Comment