Saturday, August 1, 2009

Trimming layered hair?

My wife has long layered hair. I need to know the easiest way to trim her hair without losing the layers or a lot of length (one inch trim). Strapped for cash and going to barber/salon is not really an option. Help?



Trimming layered hair?

I learnt this trick many years ago when I worked with a great hairdresser. Get your wife to tip her head down so she is looking at the floor then comb her hair down very well then grab her hair tight with your hand and cut the desired amount off and you will see when she tips her head back up she will have instant layers or in her case her layers will be trimmed. The reason this works is because when she has her head down the hair at the back of her head gets combed right over her whole head so you would only end up cutting a little off and it would'nt affect her length and the opposite occurs with her hair at the front. Try it, I hope I explained it well.



Trimming layered hair?

I'd advise her not to cut her own hair



Trimming layered hair?

The best advice I can give you is go to your local bookstore, I shop "Barnes and Noble" go to the how to section and sit down and check out the books with pictures and instructions. Much easier to understand with pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment