Saturday, August 1, 2009

Can stress related hair loss appear to be male pattern baldness?

I am 22 and I recently pulled myself out of a mild depression. I had moved to a new city, I suffered high levels of stress and anxiety over a period of a year. I had chest pains from which I could not sleep and often felt it was a heart attack. I started noticing severe levels of hairloss on the top of my scalp. It appears to not be thinning out as badly as it is on the top. I quit my job, changed schools and I have managed to keep the stress levels under control. I consulted a dermatologist last week who spent 5 minutes speaking with me and didn't even bother to look physically at my hair. She just gave me the blanket response. "Oh, you're losing your hair, this is male-pattern-baldness." I disagree, to a large degree my family has NO history of hairloss and the stress was so over whelming, the hairloss was so sudden. I understand that hair returns after stress usually in 6 months? Should I wait that long from when I gained stress control before I start rogaine?



Can stress related hair loss appear to be male pattern baldness?

It can be, so go check with your doc before it's too late.



There are several forms of hair loss. If it is male pattern baldness (Androgenetic alopecia) then the hair loss cannot be fully cured in most cases, but just frozen for some time with the treatments availiable on market today.



1) Hair transplant (FUE technology) creates really natural hairline, no scars, the best way to go if you have enough donor hair and money of course.



2. Propecia (Finasteride) and Minoxidil are the only ones approved by FDA and proven to work in most men so far.



Generic Propecia (finasteride) is also ok. I use it with same results, and unfortunately same side efefcts(a bit dry feeling in the scalp) as brand propecia. Have tried lots of herbal crap before it and laser combs, so far the only thing that prevents my hairloss, not much regrowth, but has stopped my hairloss completely.



I buy from this pharmacy for the last 2 years - http://www.1rx.biz/generic_propecia.html . It is under $1 per pill for 1mg propecia.also see



http://www.propecia.com



http://www.rogaine.com



But before you consider to start propecia you must really study about the side effects. It can mess your hormones real bad if you are not lucky, so you must choose, hair or these side effects. Quite a big perecent have these side effects, more than Merck - the company that holds



Propecia trademark is saying. see the link for side effects stories www.propeciahelp.com



Can stress related hair loss appear to be male pattern baldness?

Hi, Isaac



Yes, male pattern baldness can be caused by a strong stress, hormonal changes in men's body, side effect of certain medications, or it can be genetically pre-determined.



I have the same problem. I used to have a very thick hair all my life. Until suddenly I had a very severe trouble between me and my brother. A deep depression was a result. I began to have so many health problems. Some of them are vitiligo, problems with digestion and hair loss.



And I can say for sure: all of those things were caused by a strong stress.



I visited many doctors, took all the medication they prescribed. Nothing helped me, but made me weaker.



Then I took a decision to don't visit any doctors, because the majority of them (as happened to me) give you any medication, even not related to your problem. All what they want is just to cash in on their patients. And as long as patients visit them, they make money.



So I began a self-treatment. I take different vitamin complexes, eat healthy food, stopped smoking etc.



I became more calm, more relaxed, the vitiligo has almost gone, and the digestion is much better then before.



As for loosing hair. I found a natural solution for hair loss. It is a composition of vitamins, herbs and nutrients. It is called Profinast and you can obtain it through http://www.no2hairloss.com or any other partner site you may find on the net. I take Profinast during 2 months so far and it really helps me. First of all, I don't loose hair any more. Secondly, I can see a significant hair growth on the previously balding area.



Don't take Rogaine. Your doctor didn't tell you that, but Rogaine should not be used by people with a history of heart problems, chest pains, or rapid heartbeat.



You can read an article about different methods of hair loss treatment at



http://www.no2hairloss.com/natural-hair-...

No comments:

Post a Comment